Pakistani drones once again carried out airstrikes on parts of Nangarhar and Khost provinces last night (Wednesday).
According to reports, in the Pakistani airstrike on the Spera district of Khost, three children lost their lives and five others were wounded. In a similar attack on the Ghanikhel district of Nangarhar, six people were also injured.
Shah Sawar, a 45-year-old man and resident of Raghzi village in Ghanikhel, Nangarhar, said that his house was targeted by the Pakistani airstrike, which caused heavy human and financial losses to his family.
According to him, the attack happened while everyone was asleep.
He said: “Last night I was in a deep sleep. It was 11 p.m. when my house was bombed. My wife and five children were injured in this attack. At first, we transferred the injured to the district hospital, then I was told their wounds were serious and they were moved to the public health hospital. I am a poor man; nothing in my house is left intact. Rooms, belongings, everything I had was destroyed in this attack.”
Local residents say this incident not only terrified the people of Raghzi village but also shocked dozens of families several kilometers away.
According to them, the intensity of the explosions has thrown people into fear and uncertainty.
Alamgir, a resident of Nangarhar, said: “The airstrike was so severe that not only destroyed this house, but also affected surrounding areas. In other nearby villages, people left their homes. Some could not sleep out of fear, and children hid in rooms in terror.”
Sayed Anwar and Wahid Gul, two other local residents, also confirmed that last night’s attack has completely disturbed the area and families are still in shock.
Sayed Anwar said: “Here, all the people of the village are poor, laborers, and destitute. There is no one living here with connections or affiliations. Everyone is poor.”
Wahid Gul added: “This incident happened last night at 11 p.m., causing a huge problem for the whole village. The children spent the entire night crying until dawn. All the villagers came, pulled the injured out from under the rubble, and transferred them to the hospital.”
The deputy governor of Nangarhar has confirmed that Pakistani drones carried out airstrikes in Ghanikhel district, which wounded six members of one family and caused extensive financial losses to locals.
Azizullah Mustafa said: “This incident happened last night at 11 p.m. due to two rocket attacks by Pakistani drones, which destroyed the house of one of our compatriots and wounded six members of his family, including a woman and five children. The health condition of the injured is stable.”
This is not the first time Pakistan has carried out such actions on Afghan soil. Previously, Pakistan also launched airstrikes on parts of Barmal district in Paktika, which killed more than fifty residents, including women and children.