9 killed, 13 Wounded in Two Blasts in Balkh

No one so far has claimed the responsibility for the blasts.

At least nine people were killed and 13 others were wounded in two blasts occurring on Thursday evening in Mazar-e-Sharif of Balkh province, security officials said.  

Both blasts targeted public transportation.

A spokesman for the Balk security department said that the blasts were due to explosives placed in vehicles.

Provincial health officials confirmed hospitals had received bodies of the slain and were treating the wounded.

No one so far has claimed the responsibility for the blasts.

9 killed, 13 Wounded in Two Blasts in Balkh